How to Make A Christmas Children’s Pringles Tube Elf-on-the-Shelf Zip Line Toboggan
This fun Xmas Elf on the Shelf Zip Line Toboggan Pringles tube was recycled and left behind one morning by our cheeky little elf-on-the-shelf named Elfin.
Our Christmas Elf-on-the-Shelf obviously knows what children enjoy and love to play with! Our two kids love this recycled Pringles death slide and have been playing with it all day!
I have analysed what this funny elf-on-the-shelf did to create the Pringles Zip line Toboggan.
This DIY children’s toy is a bit like the British Blue Peter DIY or self-build toys I grew up with! (but don’t worry, there’s no washing up liquid bottles, cornflake packets or sticky-back plastic required!)
The details are below:
Materials Required to Build the Christmas Pringles tube Elf-on-the-Shelf Zip Line Toboggan
- A Pringles Tube of your favourite flavour!
- A knife and/or scissors
- String, cable or a line of some sort
- (Optional) Mini Carabiner Clips
#ElfOnTheShelf #ChristmasElf #XmasElf #ElfOnTheShelfIdeas #ElfOnAShelf #Lancashire
CAUTION: Adult supervision is required. String, cable or line and parts can be a choking hazard. Children should not be left unattended to play with the zip line, toy and parts.
Our Christmas Elf-on-the-Shelf did the following:
Select The Pringles Tube Flavour
Our Christmas Elf-on-the-Shelf obviously likes Pringles sour cream and onion.
Cut Out the Cockpit of the Pringles tube Elf-on-the-Shelf Zip Line Toboggan
- Leave the Pringles cap on.
- Cut out the centre section of the tube.
- Cut out about a third of the Pringles tube top section.
- A single elf could fit in a cockpit of maybe 6cm wide x 8.5cm long, but this one is bigger.
Cut Holes for the Supporting Strings
- Pierce two small holes for the string on opposing sides of the Pringles tube.
- These appear to be 4cm from the ends of the tube.
Cut the String, Cable or Line
- The string is long enough to pass through the holes and form a triangular shape when suspended.
- There is head zip line clearance for the Christmas Elf-on-the-Shelf to sit, along with any passengers.
- Do not tie the string yet, it needs to loop over the zip line.
- If you are using mini carabiners, or something else smooth to reduce sliding friction, tie the string to form the triangle. Then, clip on the carabiners.
Create the Zip Line or Death Slide
- The Pringles tube Elf-on-the-Shelf Zip Line toboggan will slide down this string.
- Use the string to create a downward sliding or descending zip line.
- Secure it at both ends.
CAUTION: Make sure it is not attached to something that might cause damage or injury i.e. that may fall off or over, or be pulled off by over-excited children!
Attach the Elf-on-the-Shelf Pringles tube toboggan to the Zip Line
- Tie the string at the front and back of the Pringles tube onto the zip line, or
- Clip the mini carabiners onto the zip line or death slide.
(Optional) Secure the Pringles tube Elf-on-the-Shelf Zip Line toboggan at the Top
- Use another short length of string to hold the Pringles toboggan at the top of the zip line.
- Tie one end of the string to the location at the top of the zip line.
- On the other end of the short string, use a mini carabiner, or safe (non-sharp) hook.
- This appears to hold the Pringles tube Elf-on-the-Shelf Zip Line Toboggan in place until morning,
- Or, do not use a clip or hook, and the Pringles toboggan can just slide up and down.
Insert the Elf-on-the-Shelf into the Zip Line Toboggan
The Elf-on-the-Shelf appears to have sat in the Zip Line Pringles tube Toboggan and waited until morning.
Play safely! …and enjoy hours of children’s Christmas Pringles tube Elf-on-the-Shelf Zip Line toboggan fun!
Merry Christmas Everyone!
from (RiK) R.K. Alker Children’s Author
How R.K. Alker Best-Selling Children’s Author Wrote My Grandad vs The Fangazoo
“I was injured in the line of duty and couldn’t run and play with my kids. Instead, I imagined an adventure where we ran and played together. I channelled into the Fangazoo book the positivity I felt and the lessons I had learned about applying positivity in crisis situations on the Lancashire 999 emergency ambulances.
I sat, wrote and lived this hilarious adventure with my kids in the book as they went on a breath-taking, funny adventure with their explorer grandad to find a dragon…
…and the Best-Selling My Grandad vs The Fangazoo was born.”
RK ALKER’S LATEST BOOK – My Grandad vs The Fangazoo
Available in Paperback & Kindle to BUY IT NOW on AMAZON CLICK HERE
A laugh-out-loud, wonderfully entertaining action-adventure for age 7 upwards
A top-secret expedition unfolds for sisters Frankie and Charlie when they find the Fangazoo clue in crazy captain Sam’s rhyme. Can their archaeologist grandad complete one last BIG adventure with the girls and their cousins? Plunged into a hostile kingdom, how long before they face the Fangazoo? And, can they escape?
5-Star Book Reviews and Testimonials From Readers of the Fangazoo Colouring and Activity Book:1 for Boys & Girls Ages 4 5 6 7 8 by R.K. Alker
Key Stage 1 (KS1)
The Fangazoo Colouring and Activity Book contains discrete education for Key Stage 1 including the original artwork from The Fangazoo and contains:
- 50 Pages of Colouring
- Word Searches
- Spot The Difference
PLUS, Fun Educational Activities:
- Counting & Adding Up
- Number Bonds to 10
- Guided Cursive Letter & Number Writing
SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEWSLETTER
Who is RK Alker Children’s Author?
R.K. Alker Best-Selling Children’s Author was born in the UK, but he was MADE IN LANCASHIRE!
He is famous as the TV & Radio ChilliMan aficionado and a champion of local producers or “Food Evangelist!”
R.K. Alker has a career spanning more than 3 decades of university lecturing, content writing, UK 999 emergency ambulances, media and entertainment as the colourful TV ChilliMan which contributed to this hilarious children’s adventure book written for his kids.
Read RK Alker Funny Kids’ Author’s amazing story in the PRESS SECTION CLICK HERE
RK Alker is an author of funny children’s books from Chorley, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom, Earth!
His little girls think RK Alker is the Best Funny Kids Author in the World.
Find RK Alker Children’s Author Events, Book Readings, Children’s Bedtime Stories, Kids’ Storytelling, School Author Visits, Children’s Book Signings and more on Eventbrite.