Kids Eggless Pasta Recipe Using 3 Ingredients – Flour & Water Tossed in Butter in 2 Minutes
- Feed the kids from 3 basic food ingredients.
- Help entertain the kids whilst making it.
- Cook it in 2 minutes.
- Toss it in butter.
- And you stand a pretty good chance of the kids eating too!
If you are fortunate enough to have more of their favourite vegetables and herbs to add to the kids no egg pasta as ingredients, you could maybe put some alongside it. Even something as simple as sandwich ham chopped nicely could help balance the meal up.
A bit of fun with a children’s egg free pasta recipe to make egg free fettuccini and tagliatelle. I cooked for a living as The ChilliMan from Little Green Men for more details see the Press Section Click Here.
Serves: 2 Kids
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 150g Plain flour
- 150ml Water
- 25g Butter
I used these ingredient weights and measures in this children’s no egg pasta because a standard packet of flour is 1.5kg in the United Kingdom and a standard packet of butter is 250g in England. 10% of each for the recipe means you can make 10 portions from those two big packets of ingredients, plus water of course.
- Flat surface
- Rolling pin
- Cutting Board
- Put the flour into a bowl. Mix in the water slowly with a fork or spoon until it forms a ball.
- I’m working on a 1:1 ratio for flour and water. You may need slightly more. The mix should not be sticky add more flour if it is.
- The goal is a ball of dough that you can knead to a smooth shiny consistency.
- Dust your flat surface with flour and roll the ball out with the rolling pin until it is 2mm thick.
- We are going to cut it like fettuccine and tagliatelle.
- Dust the top of the pasta with flour, roll it up, not too tight and cut them like a jam roll slice, about 5mm thick.
- Gently pick up the cut pasta and shake or toss it a little to separate the strands.
- Boil water in a pan.
- Cook for 2 minutes. Salt the water (if you have it).
- Drain the pasta.
- Put the butter in the hot pan to melt.
- Toss the pasta in the butter and serve.
Kids Eggless Pasta Recipe FAQ
How do you make pasta from scratch without eggs?
Step 1. Put the flour into a bowl. Mix in the water slowly with a fork or spoon until it forms a ball. The mix should not be sticky add more flour if it is.
2. Knead the ball of dough to a smooth shiny consistency.
3. Dust your flat surface with flour and roll the ball out with the rolling pin until it is 2mm thick.
4. Dust the top of the pasta with flour, roll it up, not too tight and cut them like a jam roll slice, about 5mm thick. We are going to cut the kids eggless pasta recipe like fettuccine and tagliatelle.
5. Toss the cut pasta to separate the strands.
6. Boil water in a pan. Cook for 2 minutes. Salt the water. Drain the pasta.
7. Put the butter in the hot pan to melt. Toss the pasta in the butter and serve.
How do you make eggless pasta or no egg pasta from scratch?
The Kids Eggless Pasta Recipe has the following ingredients:
*150g Plain flour
Mix the ingredients into a non-sticky ball of dough.
Roll out the dough on a floured surface to 2mm.
Dust it with flour and loosely roll the pasta up.
Cut the pasta into 5mm ribbons.
Do you need eggs to make pasta?
This Kids Eggless Pasta Recipe obviously has no eggs in it.
Fresh Italian pasta is usually made from eggs and flour.
Dry pasta generally has no eggs, but check the ingredients to be sure.
Are there eggs in dried pasta?
Dry pasta can be made from semolina flour, water and salt.
Check the ingredients, but it usually contains no eggs, which is also vegan-friendly.
This Kids Eggless Pasta Recipe has no eggs in it.
Can I use bread flour for pasta?
Yes, some bread flour has more gluten and makes a firmer pasta.
This Kids Eggless Pasta Recipe is made with plain flour, but the flour ingredients can be adjusted.
How long does it take to make pasta from scratch?
This Kids Eggless Pasta Recipe take 2 minutes to cook in the boiling water.
Fresh pasta cooks much more quickly than dried pasta.
The whole recipe takes probably less than 15 minutes in total.
Kids’ Nursery Rhyme of Old Mother Hubbard
If you want to hear the kids’ nursery rhyme of Old Mother Hubbard here it is:
Old Mother Hubbard
Went to the cupboard,
To give the poor dog a bone;
When she got there,
The cupboard was bare,
And so, the poor dog had none.
She went to the bakers
To buy him some bread;
When she came back
The dog was dead!
She went to the undertakers
To buy him a coffin;
When she came back
The dog was laughing.
There are many different versions and some run to many pages, but it’s a bit of fun for you.
I hope this kids’ eggless pasta recipe has gone at least some way to helping you today with this fun recipe for both your little kids and you big kids to enjoy!
R.K Alker Children’s Author & Cook
Subscribe To The Newsletter For RK Alker Fun Kids’ Author Chorley, Lancashire
- Maybe even hit me up on the Social Media (links provided at the top right and side)
And of course you can contact me here
INSTAGRAM - R.K. Alker is a Famous, Funny, Celebrity Children’s Author, Grower, Cook, Local Food Evangelist and an injured 999 Emergency Ambulanceman. His love for growing chillies made him the country’s highest profile chilli grower, champion of local producers and star of TV, radio and press.
RK Alker is an author of funny children’s books from Lancashire, England, United Kingdom, Earth!
Find RK Alker Children’s Author Events, Book Readings, Children’s Bedtime Stories, Kids Storytelling, School Visits, Children’s Book Signings and more on Eventbrite.
My little girls think R.K. Alker is The World’s Best Kids’ Author.