Kids Pizza Recipe – Home School Ideas Making No Yeast Pizza Dough in 10 Minutes
This kids’ pizza recipe is a bit of homemade fun with added homeschool ideas. The bonus material is an adult pizza recipe and a dessert pizza.
Our children chose their own pizza toppings and the kids pizza sauce is derived from the traditional Italian pizza marinara recipe.
Eggless pizza ingredients, egg free or no egg.
Enter Franki and The ChilliMan’s Pizza Kitchen to have FUN making eggless pizza for dinner with this no yeast quick kids pizza recipe dough that cooks in 10 minutes.
Kids Pizza Recipe Table of Contents:
- Kids Pizza Making Video
- Kids Pizza Recipe
- Kids Pizza Sauce Recipe
- Adult Pizza Recipe
- Dessert Pizza Recipe
- Home School Ideas – Educational and Scientific Pizza Ideas
- Kids Pizza Recipe FAQs
- Fun Kids Pizza Nursery Rhyme
Kids Love Pizza
Our kids love this kids’ pizza recipe. When our kids make this children’s pizza recipe with new and exciting toppings, we stand a much better chance of them actually trying something new!
Children’s Home School Pizza Making Fun
Whilst watching the children enjoy making pizza dough and then happily eating the homemade kids’ pizza, we decided to make this fun home-school video.
We wanted to make homeschool fun for our kids. So, we helped our little girl learn about pizza by making this fun, quick, no yeast pizza recipe that can be cooked in 10 minutes. Below we have included educational pizza content for older children too.
Other FREE Kids Homeschool Cooking Ideas
My other free articles to help entertain the children at home include:
- Kids Eggless Pasta – cooks in 2 minutes
- Kids Chilli Con Carne – cooks in 30 minutes
- Kids Croutons – cooks in 12 minutes
- Kids Gardening – planting, growing, picking eating and more educational home school ideas
KIDS PIZZA RECIPE
COOKING TIME: 10 Minutes
PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE INGREDIENTS
500g Self-raising flour
250ml Water (possibly more required)
Pinch of salt
PIZZA SAUCE RECIPE INGREDIENTS
1 tablespoon Oregano
1 tablespoon Garlic
2 tablespoon Tomato paste
2 tablespoon Ketchup
2 tablespoon Olive oil
PIZZA TOPPING INGREDIENTS
- Grated cheese
You can use your imagination and creativity for other pizza topping ingredients.
PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE MAKING
- Place the self-raising flour into a bowl.
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Stir in the water until the dough forms into a ball. Extra water may be required.
- Dust the work surface with flour.
- Knead the dough into a springy ball that does not stick to your hands.
- If the dough is sticky add or dust the dough with flour until it does not stick.
- Work the dough into an oblong type shape and divide into 4 pieces for pizza making.
- Dust the surface with flour and roll out the dough into a pizza shape.
- Oil a tray or dust with flour and place the pizza on the tray ready for the pizza sauce.
PIZZA SAUCE INGREDIENTS
PIZZA SAUCE RECIPE MAKING
- Take a bowl and add all the ingredients into the bowl and mix.
- Spoon the sauce onto the pizza and smooth to the edges.
If you want an element of traditional Italian pizza making from Naples, then add the tomato sauce in a clockwise direction only!
ADD THE PIZZA TOPPINGS
- Sprinkle on the grated cheese.
- Arrange the sweetcorn and salami.
OVEN TEMPERATURE ON MAX (220C+)
Place the tray in the oven for around 10 minutes or until puffed up and browned to your preferred kids’ pizza perfection.
BONUS KIDS PIZZA STUFF FOR ADULTS
We made these pizzas whilst the kids’ pizzas were cooking in the oven for 10 minutes.
ADULT PIZZA INGREDIENTS
Make the pizza base as above, cover with pizza tomato sauce, then add your choice of toppings.
The pizza ingredients we added included:
- Buffalo mozzarella, sliced
- Black olives
DESSERT PIZZA INGREDIENTS
- Strawberry jam
- Caster sugar
DESSERT PIZZA METHOD
- Roll out the pizza and place on a tray.
- Cover the pizza with jam.
- Sprinkle the caster sugar around the edge of the pizza.
- Cook in the oven on max for around 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Kids’ Pizza Making Learning Expanded into Educational and Scientific Ideas
These are some of the kids home-school ideas we have expanded on.
Kids Pizza Science and Children’s Pizza Learning Ideas
Children’s Pizza Weights and Measures
Children’s pizza learning and pizza science can be as simple as talking about weights and measures and the different sizes and volumes between water and flour.
Kids Ingredients and Recipes Online Research
Kids can do research into different pizza bases and toppings on the internet and put them into spider diagrams or mind maps.
History and Traditions of the Italian Pizza Industry
There is plenty of information in the Kids Pizza Recipe FAQs at the bottom of this article about the history of pizza and the traditional Italian pizzas.
Children’s Pizza Survey Research and Data Presentation
Older children could do surveys of classmates, friends and family and perform data mining to produce graphs and charts about pizza preferences, likes and dislikes.
Develop a Kids Pizza Recipe, Cook, Film and Produce
Kids could write their own recipe instructions based on the pizza they would like to make, cook and eat and then follow the recipe – maybe even video it!
Children’s Get Creative in Kids Pizza Design and Decoration
Children could engage their creativity and draw or illustrate fun pizza faces like the one in our video. Other ideas could be birthdays, football teams, public holidays like Easter and Christmas.
Maybe incorporate favourite animals, or characters from TV, video, games and cartoons.
Kids Pizza Mathematics
Use pizza cutting to discover fractions such as quarters, sixths and eighths.
Discover shapes such as triangular shapes being derived from a circle.
Finances could be incorporated by running the pizza making operation like a shop or a restaurant.
Kids Pizza English
Get creative and convincing with advertising, maybe write an article or press release about new pizza product.
Kids Pizza Design and Technology
The article above could be used as a blog post or social media marketing post. The kids could design a logo, manipulate images and develop a strapline or marketing slogan. Then translate that into packaging for supermarkets and takeaways in the form of a pizza box.
Kids Pizza Recipe Science
Pizza delivery is a science subject:
- How are the pizzas kept warm in transport from pizza shop to doorstep?
- How does that delivery impact on carbon footprint?
- Is it healthier to make their own pizza from fresh, low fat ingredients at home?
- What are the changes that the ingredients undergo during the mixing and cooking processes?
- Why is there baking powder and salt in self-raising flour?
- How does the baking powder and salt affect the cooking process?
- How do sugar and salt impact yeast? (in a pizza containing yeast)
Kids Pizza Geography
- Where was pizza created?
- Who invented pizza?
- What ingredients did they have growing nearby?
Kids Pizza Technology
Use digital skills to research all the answers to the above questions such as pizza ingredients, cooking, varieties, history and geography.
Kids Pizza History
- Research the history of pizza.
- Explore the conflicting arguments and historical claims.
- Discover the traditions and culture surrounding the development of pizza.
- Appreciate the simplicity and beauty of the traditional Italian pizzas, and the complexity of some non-Italian varieties.
- Chart the spread of the pizza throughout the world.
Kids Pizza Using Other Languages
- Continue the idea of the pizza business into exploring translation into other languages.
- Order pizza in another language.
- Explore the other currencies.
- Engage the internet translation sites to convert the languages and learn new and useful digital skills.
The Story of Pizza
Read the story of pizza below. Explore some of the history and traditions of the Italian pizza industry from its birth, spreading across the globe into the present day.
Subscribe To The Newsletter For RK Alker Fun Kids’ Author Chorley, Lancashire
- Maybe even hit me up on the Social Media (links provided at the top right and side)
And of course you can contact me here
Kids Pizza Recipe FAQ
Here are some kids’ pizza recipe frequently asked questions about pizza:
Who invented pizza?
It is argued that pizza developed from flatbread-type foods in Naples, Italy around the 18th century onwards.
The word pizza has been traced back as far as A.D. 997 in Gaeta, Central Italy and Southern Italy.
Raffaele Esposito a baker from Naples is widely credited with making the first pizza pie.
Where does pizza come from?
Pizza comes from Italy. There is no disagreement over that fact!
What is a true pizza?
Pizza purists argue there are only two true pizzas:
• the marinara pizza, and
• the margherita pizza
Many Italian pizza-lovers prefer these two types of pizza.
Where does the marinara pizza recipe come from?
The marinara pizza is the oldest. It is linked with Naples in Italy.
Pizza Marinara Recipe
The marinara pizza is topped with tomato, oregano, garlic, and extra virgin olive oil.
The name marinara comes from la marinara or the seaman’s wife, who lovingly prepared the pizza for her sailor or fisherman husband in Naples.
As you can see the pizza tomato sauce from our kids’ pizza recipe is drawn from the marinara recipe.
What is the recipe for marinara pizza?
The marinara pizza is topped with tomato, oregano, garlic, and extra virgin olive oil.
What is the recipe for margherita pizza?
Pizza Margherita Recipe:
The margherita pizza is topped with tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese and fresh basil which reflects the colours of the Italian flag:
*green = basil
*white = mozzarella
*red = tomatoes
Where does the margherita pizza recipe come from?
The margherita pizza is said to be created by Raffaele Esposito, a baker at the Pizzeria di Pietro established in 1880.
In 1889 Raffaele Esposito cooked pizza for King Umberto and Queen Margherita of Savoy.
Queen Margherita loved the pizza and the colours of the Italian flag.
In the Queen Margherita’s honour, the pizza was named Pizza Margherita.
What are the rules for making pizza?
Pizza making rules and regulations are specified by The Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana or True Neapolitan Pizza Association founded in 1984.
An Authentic Neapolitan Pizza must:
• Be baked in a domed, wood-fired oven.
• The pizza base must be hand-kneaded.
• The pizza base must not be prepared by any mechanical means or a rolling pin.
• The pizza should measure no more than 35cm in diameter.
• The pizza must be no thicker than 3.33mm or one-third of a centimetre at the centre.
What are the famous pizzerias in Naples?
Famous Pizzerias in Naples include:
You will find the majority of these famous pizzerias in the ancient historical centre of Naples.
Some examples of the pizza making practices in these of these famous Italian pizzerias include:
*Only using San Marzano tomatoes grown and picked on the slopes of Mount Vesuvius,
*Adding the tomato topping in a clockwise direction, and
*Drizzling the olive oil.
What types of pizza bases are there?
This recipe is for a quick and easy pizza using self-raising flour and no yeast. The dough is slightly denser, but can also be used for flatbread and focaccia bread.
Italian pizza bases made by kids in Naples are soft and pliable.
Italian bases made for kids Rome are thinner and crispier.
What is Pizza Al Taglio?
Pizza Al Taglio is a popular Italian pizza baked in a rectangle shape.
The Pizza Al Taglio toppings vary widely.
Pizza Al Taglio are sold according to their weight.
Where does the Hawaiian Pizza come from?
A Hawaiian Pizza is a pizza topped with ham and pineapple.
The Hawaiian Pizza was created in 1962 by Canadian Sam Panopoulis at the Satellite Restaurant in Chatham, Ontario, Canada.
Our Famous Pizza Nursery Rhyme for Kids – Pizza Making is Such Fun!
Pizza making is such fun,
In home school with my dad and mum.
Come and join our schooltime play,
Mum filmed it for another day.
We learn to mix the sticky dough,
Then knead it to a shiny glow.
We cut it up and roll it flat,
Then make the sauce to cover that.
I made a smiley face from corn,
With salami eyes my man was born.
We laid him on an oily tray,
Cooked in the oven while we play.
Cook him well, don’t be hasty.
Brown and crispy – very tasty!
Cut into triangles mum.
He’ll be lovely in my tum!
Some Questions About Kids Pizza Making
What is the History of Pizza?
Who invented pizza?
Kids Pizza Marinara Recipe
Kids Pizza Margherita Recipe
Where does the Hawaiian Pizza Recipe come from?
RK Alker is a Lancashire childrens author writing funny kids books & kids fiction for age 7 up & rhyming picture, colouring & activity books for children age 4-8 UK. Please contact for readings and school visits
RK Alker is an author of funny children’s books, a famous chilli grower, cook and food and drink event specialist from Lancashire, England, United Kingdom, Earth!
Find RK Alker Children’s Author Events, Book Readings, Children’s Bedtime Stories, Kids Storytelling, School Visits, Children’s Book Signings and more on Eventbrite.
My little girls think R.K. Alker is The World’s Best Kids’ Author.
R.K. Alker is also The Chilliman from Little Green Men a master of The Ancient Lancastrian Art of Ecky Thump! and can be found on Blogger.com