Kids Planting Seeds – How Children Can Grow Seeds in Propagators and Recycled Soil, Compost, Pots and Trays
Kids planting seeds can be a fun family activity and a learning experience in homeschool. Here are some kids gardening home school ideas to fill the days on coronavirus COVID-19 lockdown which have the added bonus of growing vegetables in the garden that can be eaten at harvest time.
Kids Planting Seeds and Propagation
RK Alker Funny Children’s Author, Commercial Grower and Gardener Planting Seeds with The Kids in the Garden
Children Planting Seeds and Growing Seeds in a Propagator
Propagating seed is a pretty simple process.
The elements required are:
- Container – heated propagators work best, but it could be as simple as
- Growth medium – soil, compost or things like absorbent paper or cotton wool
- Water – do not let the seeds dry out – see my story about poor little Phyllis
- Heat – try and get the seeds warm
- Dark (optional)
- Then Sunlight (after germination – when the shoot appears)
Homemade Kids Gardening Propagators Do-It- Yourself (DIY) – Kids Planting Seeds
There is no need to rush out and buy a heated propagator. It is easy to grow seeds in containers and household waste products.
Recycle and Build Your Own DIY Kids Propagator – Kids Planting Seeds
Try it yourself using simple household items. A container, something to hold water run-off and bag is all you need, try using a:
- A cleaned takeaway tray
- An eggbox
- Cut up toilet rolls
- Fill them with compost.
- Plant the seeds.
- Cover with a clear or opaque bag.
- Place on a water retaining plat, tray or lid.
- Place near a heat source like a radiator or a heated water tank.
- Then check every few days to see if the seeds have germinated.
Subscribe To The Newsletter For RK Alker Funny Children’s Author Chorley, Lancashire
- Maybe even hit me up on the Social Media (links provided at the top right and side)
And of course you can contact me here
This is The Easy Method for Kids Planting Seeds
This is a simple method for children to plant seeds and enjoy propagating seeds as a homeschool idea which can be grown in soil or compost on the windowsill, a flower box, planter or in the garden beds,pots and trays.
Kids Planting Seeds FAQ Frequently Asked Questions
RK Alker Funny Children’s Author Instagram Feed
R.K. Alker is a Famous, Celebrity, Funny Children’s Author, Grower, Cook and Local Food Evangelist. His love for growing chillies made him the country’s highest profile chilli grower, champion of local producers and star of TV, radio and press.
Read RK Alker Funny Kids’ Author’s amazing story CLICK HERE
RK Alker is an author of funny children’s books, a famous chilli grower, cook, local food evangelist and food and drink event specialist from Lancashire, England, United Kingdom, Earth!
Find RK Alker Children’s Author Events, Book Readings, Children’s Bedtime Stories, Kids Storytelling, School Visits, Children’s Book Signings and more on Eventbrite.
My little girls think R.K. Alker is The World’s Best Kids’ Author.