Free School Visits
Free school visits from a children’s author.
Children’s Author Free School Visits
I will be offering a limited number of free school visits.
The number of free school visits that I can perform will be limited. I cannot give all of my time away for free – I have a wife and young family to support.
Children can meet the author. Hear the stories spoken aloud with passion by the children’s author that wrote them and engage in the enthusiasm of the storytelling.
World Book Day Author Free School Visits
I am sympathetic to the constraints on educational budgets. This is why I am offering a number of free school visits, one of which will fall on or around world book day.
Arrange an Author or Illustrator Free School Visit
It is not difficult to arrange an author or illustrator visit for your school. There are many services out there offering bookings. However, to land those all-important free school visits is a task that most school budget holders find the hardest.
Booking an Author
Booking this children’s author is a simple task – just get in touch.
Book The Author
Simply go to my contact page and fill in a request or give me a call.
Subscribe To My Newsletter
to hear about upcoming book releases, competitions and blog posts
Data and Barring Service Enhanced Certificate (DBS Certificate)
I have an up-to-date enhanced criminal record certificate or criminal records check both as a school volunteer and from an NHS trust. I also subscribe to the DBS update service. Details are available upon request
Contact The Author
RK Alker Children’s Author can be contacted here
Free School Visits Refreshments
- Tea, milky, no sugar – you decide if I’m sweet enough!
- Water and sugar free drinks.
- I will eat most things and prefer brown bread, rice and pasta, it’s good for you, but not essential if the you and the kids are eating something else.
- I have no food allergies.
Other School Visit Ideas Could Include:
10 fantastic free school trips and visits
FREE SELF-LED VISITS
Arrange a visit from a pet expert
Not Something Everyone Knows BUT Roald Dahl The Children’s Book Author Was Also an RAF Fighter Ace
Roald Dahl the children’s author of great titles listed below. In 1939 Roald Dahl joined the Royal Air Force or RAF. In September 1941 he was confirmed as a pilot officer and promoted to war substantive flying officer. Roald Dahl progressed as a diplomat and an intelligence officer and left in August 1946 as squadron leader with five aerial victories under his belt. He was heralded a flying ace, which is confirmed by post-war research and cross-referenced in Axis records.
Books, stories, curated collections, and other published works by Roald Dahl include:
- The Gremlins (1943)
- Over To You (1946)
- Some Time Never (1948)
- Someone Like You (1953)
- Kiss Kiss (1960)
- James and the Giant Peach (1961)
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (1964)
- The Magic Finger (1966)
- Fantastic Mr Fox (1968)
- Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator (1972)
- Switch Bitch (1974)
- Danny, the Champion of the World (1975)
- The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar and Six More (1977)
- The Enormous Crocodile (1978)
- My Uncle Oswald (1979)
- The Twits (1980)
- George’s Marvellous Medicine (1981)
- Revolting Rhymes (1982)
- The BFG (1982)
- Dirty Beasts (1983)
- The Witches (1983)
- Roald Dahl’s Book of Ghost Stories (1983)
- Boy: Tales of Childhood (1984)
- The Giraffe and the Pelly and Me (1985)
- Two Fables (1985)
- Going Solo (1986)
- Matilda (1988)
- Rhyme Stew (1989)
- Ah, Sweet Mystery of Life (1989)
- Esio Trot (1990)
- The Vicar of Nibbleswicke (1991)
- The Minpins (1991)
- Roald Dahl’s Guide to Railway Safety (1991)
- My Year (1991)
Roald Dahl Play scripts and film screenplays include:
- The Honeys (stage play, 1955)
- You Only Live Twice (film screenplay, 1967)
- Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (co-wrote film screenplay, 1968)
- The Night Digger (film screenplay, 1971)
- Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (co-wrote film screenplay, 1971)